From:
Kevin Bonner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Jul 2000 23:38:24 EDT
Greetings and dooks to all the furkids !

All over the world are stories of a large man-beast covered with fur.  In
Asia they call him Yeti, the indians called him Sasquatch.  The enormous
tracks left by this creature have earned him the name BIGFOOT.  Such a
creature DOES exist!  I have seen him myself !!

Well, not really - but it does lead into an interesting story <G>

For quite some time myself and my friend Nori have been doing the fuzzy
ambassador thing at the local Petco.  A few weeks ago some new kits came
in.  We kinda give them names to help us identify them, There was
Snowball, Snowflake, Mahatma, Freckles (I called him Alfalfa from the
Little Rascals character), and a few others.  One stood out among the
rest.  He was very small but his paws were almost the size of my thumb.
I named him SASQUATCH - a name I figured he would grow into.

Today we went to get vaccinations for Noris new kittens (yeah - rescues).
As soon as we walked in one of the clerks called out, "I have a message
for you!".  Seems one of the ferts had bitten a clerk fairly badly.  I
thought it was Mahatma.  He had a habit of nipping a bit too hard.  Then
she said, "The brown one with the white spot on the head".  Sasquatch?
Sasquatch BIT someone?????  He was so passive and friendly !!  The word
was, "Take him.  It's already been cleared".

Nori and I just shook our heads.  There we were with two young kittens
in one carrier, 4 foster ferts in the other, now a rescue with no spare
carrier in the truck.  Sasquatch latched onto my arm as soon as I reached
in for him.  Not biting - just holding on with his large paws.  He seemed
very afraid and was holding on to someone he trusted.  He rode home in
Nori's blouse without incident.

Sasquatch is sleeping on my lap as I type this.  He grabs hold and hangs
on when he is held.  I think he may have fallen or was dropped by someone
and now has a fear of falling.  I don't know the whole story yet.  I do
know that, while trimming his nails, he bit me just as I let go of his
hind end and he was suspended for a moment.

Hmmm ... glad I picked up an extra quarantine cage at the garage sale.

Warm Fuzzies ~~ !!!

Kevin B and the Way Kewl Kritter Crew
~Simon~Lacey~Hershey~Sprite~Cuddles~Java~Miss Priss~Cinna~Racer~Patch~
~Mocha~Nikki~Selene~Missy~Yogi~Skooter~  and Mist the Fer-Kat
Foster Kids ~Willie~Christina~Nippy~Stubbie~
Guardian Fur-Angels ~Furrice~Lady~Zeus~Rascal~Socks~Muttley~Dookesbury
~Little Boy~
Missing our friends - Kimo the Sumo Cat (and Honorary Fert) and fellow
ferts
~Petey~, ~Nibbler~, ~Max~, ~Romeo~, ~Bandit~, and the other ~Romeo~
Saying "Hey!" to ~Pandora~, ~Noser~ and the rest of the Tennessee Brat
Pack !!
Please see KITY=^..^=KAT's Fur Faces, Memorial for Zeus
                  http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/2396/zeus.html
KRITTER KREW - http://hometown.aol.com/kwildheart/myhomepage/pet.html

Prayers to the ill and those who have gone before us.  Hug your fuzzies
while you can, hold them in your heart when you can't.