From:
Todd Leuthold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Jan 2003 22:33:13 -0500
Condolences to those with lost, sick, or angeled knuckle-nippers...

("Hey!  Those are *my* knuckles!  Go nibble on your own!")

Well, it's happened again.  Two little girls needed a new home--
immediately-- and I really didn't have the right to tell them "No."  It
was another one of those cases where the ferrets were there first, then
additional pets entered the home.  Fur flew.  Ears got gnawed.  Toes got
munched.  The ferrets had to leave.  The old accounting policy of "First
In, First Out" took place here, I suppose.

Well, that was the story I got in the beginning.  As was the case with
Rhun and Bump, the story under the surface was totally different.

The two girls (I'm thinking of naming them Crunch and Munch) apparently
need a better place to learn and grow.  Crunch (a very hefty albino lady)
likes toes and noses.  Munch likes toes and cats.  Neither of them knows
what a litter box is for.  Munch likes to rearrange the furniture in her
cage on a minute-by-minute basis.  I should have known something was up
when I saw that everything in her cage was pinned, wired, or otherwise
affixed to her cage!  I caught an accidental reference to Crunches fetish
when the guy was telling her "Good Bye" and called her "my little toe
biter." Apparently, the guy never heard of Bitter Apple.

Some of the good things about them moving in are:

They will get to eat *real* food for the first time in a while (they were
eating something with fruit and nuts in it when I got them) They will
learn to use a litter box and newspaper (they were using the floor of
their cage when I got them) They will learn that a cat can actually whap
them upside the head (the other cat was still a baby and could easily be
dragged under the couch) They will learn that toes don't taste even
slightly good (Bitter Apple is *so* helpful in matters such as these!)
Clamping things to the sides of the cage works for me!  (even their sleep
box made it from the penthouse to the basement!)

Oh the trials and travails of ferret rescuing.  Oh how it makes my day to
get a furry-bunch that needs my ministrations! :)  I just *love* to be
needed!

Hopefully, the names Crunch and Munch will soon be changes to something a
lot more girlish in the near future!  Nope, they aren't up for adoption.
I think I'll keep their girls.  There aren't enough girls here at the
stable!

Oh...they love Bandits Ferret Treats, too!  Could they *be* any more
perfect? :)

Todd and the Fuzzbutt Rodeo Clowns!
---
mailto:[log in to unmask]