Date:
Thu, 25 Dec 2008 12:10:41 -0500
All the kids and I here at Stinky Pete's Ferret Retreat want to thank
everyone this year for all their kindness in responding to questions
posted here on the FML that we've had. To the the people who helped us
in our first ever raffle which was a success. To all the ferret people
and friends that I have met or spoken to over the phone that keep me
grounded. Without you guys I would probably be in one of those rubber
rooms!!

To Ashley who helps me with the rescue. Who comes over for sick kids
when I am at work just to hang out with them and spend time with them
so they know that they are loved. Who also loves to go on the road
trips with me! Thanks girlie!! To Jenny who I met this year in
Melbourne at Asti's Ferret Haven. We talk everyday about these kids!!
We have so much in common. We laugh and cry about what we are doing.
Since we are both fairly new to all this it's been an excellent support
system. We live over an hour away from each other but find time every
month to visit and see each others kids. Love ya! To the Secret Santas
that all my kids got this year. Not all of the presents are hear yet
but they're Secret Santas have let them know they are on the way. To
Kris and all the tree helpers this year. Without you guys this would of
not been possible! This was our first year participating in the tree
and it has been so much fun for the kids!! To of course BIG that does
keep us all connected. I look forward to getting up before work and
enjoying my coffee with Tank my lap ferret in the mornings. It's "our
thing". It's also the only routing thing in our lives here except for
cleaning poop! And finally I would like to thank JD who is my mentor in
this crazy business. I have learned so much from him in the previous
years of just owning ferrets before starting to do rescue. We don't
talk or see each other often but I just want him to know how much I
appreciate him.

I have only been doing this for 2 years. I started when our local
ferret rescue closed and our local animal control had a fire. They
needed someone to "foster" 2 ferrets they no longer had room for. Of
course I said yes, found them homes and it was history from there. I am
trying to keep myself small. Under 20 ferrets since I do this out of my
home. I have been a member of the on line forums for a long time and
pride myself in knowing a lot about ferrets and their health. Although
no one can know everything so questions are still being asked. I feel
the only stupid question is the one that isn't asked. Ok, I will not
babble on anymore!

So Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!! May everyone have a healthy
year :)

Kim

Stinky Pete's Ferret Retreat
http://floridaferrets.webs.com/