From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 15:53:47 -0400
Robin writes
>I have a question for the IFC.  Are you going to have any forums on the
>west coast.  I want to go to the Forum at the Falls so bad.  But it is
>just to far for me.

and Wolfy writes
>I'll keep saving and hope that a Forum of the Falls type of thing can
>come down my way (down south).

The International Ferret Congress has had suggestions for having the next
big Ferret Symposium (TM) in virtually every major city in North America!
Unfortunately, such major events take a LOT of time and effort to plan,
and are VERY expensive to carry out.  It is impractical at this stage of
our organization to do it any more often than once every 18-24 months.
We are in the very beginning stages of planning the next one, scheduled
for Fall 2003.  Some speakers have been tentatively lined up, with the
location yet to be determined.

But there is so much demand for this type of educational event, that
the IFC decided to offer smaller events as well.  The Forum at the Falls
is the first of these events.  One of the few complaints we had from
attendees of the Ferrets 2002 Symposium was the lack to time to socialize
with new and old ferret friends.  Thus the Forum and other smaller events
will combine education with fun.  Besides the educational sessions and
table topics, there will be a meet and greet the evening before, and
informal group tours of the falls.

The internet is a great way to meet people who share your interests.  But
meeting face to face can deepen friendships, and encourage conversations
and collaborations that could not occur otherwise.  The Forum and similar
events will provide this opportunity.

So if the Forum at the Falls is too far, please be patient, we'll get out
your way eventually!  And if it's close, we'll see ya there!

For more info and registration forms, go to http://www.ferretcongress.org,
email me or call 440-774-3633.

Linda Iroff
Co-chair