From:
Amy Robbin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Nov 2003 10:37:46 -0500
I've never had a problem integrating new ferrets, but I have two ferrets
from hell.  Any new ferret that enters the household is marked for
death.  I've tried cage switching, letting them spend time with a barrier
between, holding them both at the same time.  Once the devil child(ren)
are on the ground they will even leap on me to attack the newbie.  I've
tried scruffing, hissing, scruffing with my teeth, bitter apple,
ferretone, bathing them all so they even smell alike.  Nothing deters the
death hunt.  The most disturbing part is they run around dooking like I
just gave them a live toy.  At one point both ferrets jumped on the poor
newbie I thought they were going to tear him apart.  I have room to have
separate them, but it concerns me that these guys are so aggressive and
will not accept new ferrets.  My little girl Tequila I've had about two
years and they still want to tear her apart!

One ferret is deaf and his cagemate is not, they are 3 years old and from
a breeder.  To handle them.  they are loves but they have no sense of
submission whatsoever.

Amy Robbin
Manager, Human Resources
SeaChange International, Inc.