From:
Marilyn Ledoux <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Dec 2005 22:21:23 -0500
Hi FML'ers

Marilyn here, and have I got news for you.  You know how you look at your
ferret after they have done something mischievous?  You know that look
that they have, a cross between "There I did that" and "Are you going to
chase me because I was naughty, I knew it, and I did it anyway, or what".

I went to the Ferret Meet-up in Keene, NH last week, and we exchanged
gifts.  I received a print of a picture Alicia had painted of a 1995
rescued ferret Ariel.  Alicia has captured that "look" on the ferrets
face, and it is the best present a ferret lover could ask for.  It is
priceless.

The picture is 11 by 14 matted.  and I'm so excited I just had to share
this with you.  If you need something for that special person, this is
it, and it is worth waiting for even if it arrives late.  You can email
Alicia at
I am currently going frame shopping, looking for the perfect frame, but
last weeks snow and ice storm sort of cramped my style.

The weather on the day of the Meet up was not the greatest, but this is
New England in the winter, so many of the regular people could not come..
Those of us who braved the elements, had fun, and it is always nice to
rub elbows with ferret people.  Alicia always posts the Meet Up on the
FML, and it is ALWAYS fun, and everyone is invited.

Just wanted to share this with you.  I cannot tell you in words what
a wonderful expression Ariel has on her face, or what an accomplished
artist Alicia is to be able to capture it.  It is a wonderful picture,
goes straight to the heart.

On another note, our local little market in our one horse town, had
boneless, skinless, Chicken Breasts on sale, $1.49 a pound.  The chicken
thighs I have been buying were also in the case, $1.49 per pound.  So
everyone here is dining on Chicken Breasts, Charity (who prefers white
meat) is jumping all over her cage, but everyone else thinks I'm just
one step ahead of the local pet store.  (Sigh)

For those of you who are having problems with ferrets pooping on the
floor, my Ivy now MOVES the litter pan away from the cage corner and
POOPS behind it.  That way, her litter pan is always clean.  Her
housekeeping is always done, mine's a mess, stuck to the little coated
wire squares on the cage floor.

I never throw out my old toothbrushes, I always use them in craft
projects, and my husband was a handy man who was always looking for
a small brush for something, and now that he is gone, I have this
toothbrush collection I can use for cage projects.  Ya gotta love it.

Happy Holidays to everyone from Marilyn, Charity, Ivy, Holly, and Reilly
Marie

Marilyn and the chicken eating gang at Ledoux Hospice.