Date:
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 07:54:45 EST
Kris,
As a shelter op,I found your post to be rather uncaring/rude.

Like Kim & many others,who do ferret rescue/sheltering,we don't have a
money tree to lean on.Wish we did.We do what we can to make ends meet
somehow.

I'm the only shelter in lower Al & the HS doesn't take in ferrets.I do,in
any condition.If I didn't,they would be put down.

I'm a single Mom & work a crappy job so I can do the ferts meds & feedings,
by myself.I don't have any help with them.And my car is about worn out.We
try to sell things to help support our shelters.BUT things do happen in
lives to change things.

I was doing my shelter when I got 1 year old twins dropped in my lap,full
custody.Then not long after,my Mom was dieing & I helped to care for her
until the end.As well as my shelter.Then,2 months later my Dad passed
away.All this time,I wasn't working.So my *nest-egg* depeleted.

Now my vets work with me,Thank God.And I still owe one over $400.00.I
make monthly payments.

So,while you know your limits,we shelter ops know ours as well but still
will provide for a ferret in need.I will beg,borrow,whatever I need to do
to see that the ferret gets medical attention.

Dook,Sandi
Heaven Scent Ferret Rescue/Shelter