From:
Chris Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Fri, 18 Mar 1994 23:00:16 -0500
Dr. Boschert has created a very large index of animal-related resources
on the network, which I think many would be interested in.  Particularly
the people more active on the political/FFZ side.

|=============================================================================
|=============================================================================

|There seems to be a list of everything else on the Internet; so I
|thought, why not a list of animal-related computer systems.  Being a
|veterinarian and a computer nut, I had been net-surfing and cataloging
|these systems for years for my own use.  Noting the spirit of sharing
|evident all throughout the Internet, I hope this contribution will
|be helpful to those with similar interests.

|As this list will bear witness, animals of all sorts are popular topics
|of discussion and a number of sites have useful files for downloading.
|Listservers, Telnet & FTP sites, gophers, dial-up bulletin boards
|(BBS's) - they're all cataloged here and have a common thread of being
|related to animals in some form or fashion.

[Material elided]

|The most recent version of this document can be retrieved via anonymous
|FTP from wuarchive.wustl.edu (128.252.135.4) in the subdirectory:

|/doc/techreports/wustl.edu/compmed/elec_zoo.x_x

|(x_x referring to the most current version)

[ie: "2.3".]

There appears to be somewhere in the neighborhood of 400 resources referenced
in the list.  Some of them are mailing lists (the FML is included), and
other types of things.