From:
Diana Wallace <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Aug 1996 20:37:53 -0700
Well I did it.  I'm on ferret #4.  She's a little albino who was born on the
fourth of July.  So in honor of her red eyes & white fur...I've named her
"Blu"!  Little Blu is a total darling and I'm so happy to have her here.
Unfortunately, my other 3 girls are not so happy about this new little
addition...

Others have written to say that they had some problems acclimating the new
baby.  Spice, the eldest, wants to kill Blu; Chloe, tha middle child & alpha
F, wants to exert dominance on the 7 week old kit; and Nellie really wants
nothing to do with any of it.  I adopted them all separately and up until
now, haven't experienced any problems.  Today Chloe, the usually well
mannered, saw Blu make a "mistake" for which I didn't scold Blu.  Then
Chloe, right in front of me, promptly backed up and did her duty in
virtually the same spot!

My concern is: Will Spice ever get over the urge to maim poor little Blu?
How long will I have to wait?  Just for the record I am trying the
following: 1.  separate cage, room and toys for Blu.  2.  Allowing them to
see each other thru the cage walls 3.  Lots of love and rewards for the good
girls who don't chomp on Blu (while I closely supervise).  4.  Lots more
love for the 3 "original" girls when Blu isn't around.  5.  Trading bedding
with their scents on it.  HELP!  anything else I could do?