From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 May 1999 08:37:44 -0700
Hi everyone,
I am sooo tired...I didn't sleep last night!  Yesterday Otter had adrenal
Surgery performed by Dr Ruth Adams.  It seems that he had problem only with
the left gland.

Furthermore he had a very large spleen so the Dr Called during the surgery
to see if she could go with the spleen biopsy as it seemed a little bit
abnormal.  She said it is a dangerous procedure because the spleen is full
of blood so the risk of hemorrhage (sp) was high, but just a needle maybe
was not enough to be sure of a diagnosis.

Anyway we ground our teeth and said YES.  After 2 hours she called back and
he was fine.  He really wanted to go back to his carrier and hide.

I need some advice: he has a large scar and some liquid is coming out.
The vet said that she kept the organs very wet so that is liquid from the
irrigation.  Now he has some black bruises and I guess this is normal!  Did
anyone of you experienced the same problem and what did you do?  Any advice
on food?  He seems hungry but didn't eat that much in my opinion.  Also he
is under pain killer and seems very drowsy.

Thanks

Ps: do you know how they handle the spleen?  She described it to us:
the slowly pull it out and turn it over and spread on a sponge!!!!!!!!!

Almost passed out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!