From:
Kimberly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Nov 2008 01:34:50 -0700
Hi Louise! Thank you for your response re: pumpkin and fiber.

The link I posted was from the USDA Nutritional Information website.
I was referring to naturally occurring sugars/carbohydrates found in
fruits and veggies, namely pumpkin. I certainly was not referring to
canned pumpkin pie mix, which is loaded with sugars and spices. I'm not
sure why you couldn't open the link. Here is the main USDA Nutritional
Info site address:
http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/

Here's what the link I posted outlined regarding plain canned pumpkin,
no salt or sugar added, per 1/4 cup:

Carbohydrate: 4.96g
Fiber: 1.8g
Sugars: 2.02g

I am largely a naturalist when it comes to supplementing my ferrets'
diet. When at all possible, I prefer feeding my ferrets meat-based
proteins and fats in response tummy issues. I find that a diet
consisting in matter the ferret can both absorb and digest works
best for me and mine.

Thanks for the post, Louise. I didn't explain myself well enough if
you thought I meant canned pumpkin pie mix.

Many of my ferret friends use canned plain pumpkin for added fiber.
Hey, do what works for YOU!

Kimberly Emerson
Pingford's Porridge
www.pingfordsporridge.com