From:
Allen Patenaude <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Jan 1997 18:43:29 -0500
Hi, I'm Allen and I'm new to this mailing list.  I'm from merritt island,
florida and i'm the proud owner of two ferrets.  I have heard that ferrets
can catch human colds.  My girlfriend has strep throat and i'm worried that
the ferrets might get it.  I've heard other animals are just carriers of
strep.  Is this the case with ferrets?  Do I need to keep my girlfriend away
from them?  Also my ferrets had fleas a couple of months ago and my vet put
them on kitten version of advantage.  Is this safe?