From:
Madam Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Feb 2002 00:12:25 -0500
Dear Kim,
Does your shelter test for ADV?  If you test, do you also test your
personal pets?

This has been going on for over a month and your vet is not concerned?  A
second opinion should have been sought.  All of my ferrets have put on
beautiful heavy Winter coats, not gotten thinner.

Is he dehydrated?  Does he drink a lot of water?  I would suggest an open
water bowl instead of a bottle.  They will drink more if they don't have
to work for it.  I would immediately put him on Pedialyte.

Has Taz had a fecal study done?  Has he had a CBC done?  How old is he?
All the info you gave us was that his name is Taz and he is sick with the
geenies.  I hope he has been isolated from the rest.

In helping you, more information is needed, but this is the FML, you need
an attentive vet and quick.  But, as a shelter director you know this,
don't you?

You need funds to run your shelter, perhaps instead of spending on EBAY
you might want to run a fundraiser to help support your wonderful shelter
efforts.  Thanks for all the great work you do as a transport, all of us
ferret lovers appreciate your efforts.  I hope with your personal
financial crisis (as written on the FML) you have stopped taking ferrets
into your shelter.  I hope money is not a reason why poor sick Taz has
gone sick for over a month.

Good luck and I hope life is improving for you.  I pray Taz is properly
diagnosed and does a quick mend.  I know you love him and are concerned.
I look forward to your response.

Sincerely, Joan Wont