From:
Heather Jane Bilicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Apr 1995 13:50:33 -0400
Pretzel has become a very good leaper.  Recently I purchased a three story
carpeted cat condo that the ferrets just love.  I was a little surprised that
they had not tried to scale it after 4 minutes had elapsed but then came Pretz.
He shimmied up the side like a guy climbing a telephonepole.  Once at the top
though he had no clue what to do.  Then he discovered leaping.  He jumped to
the beanbag and scampered back up to leap again.  It was adorable.  When Mike
got home I had to show him what our new baby had discovered.  I put him the top
and on cue he leap to the bean bag.  Once more to the top but will the both of
us staring he got confused.  With me cheering on he changed directions and
leaped right into my arms.  I think he was a shocked as I was!

Our ferrets do not dook when they play.  They can, because I have heard them on
occasion.  What they do do is "huff".  Anyone else's ferrets do this?  It
sounds like they are panting REALLY hard, but it starts the moment they start
playing so I know it is intentional.

Heather, Pickle, Kit Kat, Twinkie, and Pretzel