From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 00:17:49 -0400
Gen wrote:
>All of my ferrets are MF.  So far I have never had any other problems with
>health.  One of my girls is atleast six years old.

Yes, our friend, Anne R., just lost an MF with a known age of 10 and 1/2.
Hope that some of our's get there.

We have encountered mostly similar health problems at similar ages in
similar proportions as with ferrets from other sources.  Of course, having
had ferrets here so long, and having taken in many with handicaps or pasts
that include abuse, we have also encountered our share of anomalies from
multiple sources.  Right now we have a 7 year old MF with an unusual
problem, but she is seven years old and she did just dash past me with
some sort of humorous secret making her laugh "heh-heh-heh".

---
BTW, I didn't notice anyone jump on Randy on-list (though I have had to
skim more than I like due to mu schedule), so don't know if he talking
about off-list replies to his question, or what.  I am wondering if he
didn't realize that the MF thing blows upon its own repeatedly at least
once each year so he didn't cause that.  (Rest assured that it's not your
fault, Randy, if that is what is bothering you!)