From:
Doug Stockman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Nov 2002 20:21:51 EST
Before you go sueing a vacine co. you should look at your own part in
this mess.  I would place at least 50% of the blame on you and your vet.

1 shots should not have been given at home, or at the very least you or
the vet should have been prepared for a reaction.  meaning epppy and
benadryl on hand.

2 its not very good common sense to give more than 3 or 4 ferrets their
shots at one time.

3 you and your vet should should have known that reactions can and do
occur every day, not just with fervac but with galaxy d , rabies, and the
new merial dist..  it happens, and if you are prepared, usually things
are ok.

that said, i would be spending my energy on finding out why so many
reacted?????

bad batch??? shipping problems, storage problems???

hope all the guys recover and are ok.

doug