From:
Barbara Bonner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 18:57:06 -0500
WOW!  When I read your post about your new ferret, it seemed oddly
familiar!  about 1 1/2 ago we found a little sable boy (named him Kodi-
now 3 y.o.) running across our driveway in the middle of the night
(coming home from the movies) right after a 3 day rain storm.  We had
the same problems you did- nobody seemed to be looking for him!!  So we
are thinking he was probably set loose by someone who didnt want him
anymore (poor little buddy).  Anyway, he is also very quiet and calm...
I'm wondering if it could be caused by the trauma of being out in the
"wild" alone.  We adopted a little silver point girl (named her Hope-
now 2-1/2 y.o.) that December and she is WILD!!!!!  We also just adopted
another boy this past Saturday (named him Otter- 1 y.o.) and is also a
little spaz....so, like I said, Im thinking the trauma of being out in
the open without food/clean water/shelter/no human/etc....could have
caused them to be quiet.  Im not sure, but its a thought.

I was really happy our little buddy found our doorstep (especially since
my parents had always said "NO!" to owning a ferret- so I guess it was
fate, because I now have 3!!!) and I'm glad yours found your doorstep,
as Im sure he is.  Have fun with him....they are a blast!

-Barbara, Kodi (the lovebug), Hope (the demon-child), and Otter (cat dish
 swimmer from way back!)-

P.S. I'm a horse/dog/cat person too!!  :)