From:
Urban Fredriksson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jun 1999 14:27:20 +0200
Robynn McCarthy <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>I don't understand what the point of this post of this was...other than
>being nasty.  As for things being different where I live, I certainly
>hope so!

If I wanted to be nasty to people who believe in silly stuff, I'd do it in
another forum.

What I was doing was asking if this really worked.  I myself would be very
careful not to generate negative PR for ferret people by including stuff
like this in a ferret event.

>When I saw the topic Ferret Tarot..I was excited because I thought perhaps
>someone had made a Tarot deck with depictions of ferrets on them and I
>thought, what a fabulous idea!

Well, as far as I understand, you were mistaken.  If it had been obvious
to me that it wasn't taken seriously by the reader, then I wouldn't have
questioned it at all.

[log in to unmask] wrote:
>I'm sure if someone really felt "uncomfortable" with the tarot idea but
>wanted to help that the shelter would graciously accept the donation
>without a reading.  The main purpose is to help homeless animals,
>after all.

But what if they're so "uncomfortable" with the whole idea, because they
know the origins of Tarot readings, that they don't want to be associated
with the whole event at all?  Clearly most of you don't think this is a
risk in the USA, which is what I wanted to know.  (But I am surprised.)
--
 Urban Fredriksson   [log in to unmask]
 http://www.canit.se/%7Egriffon/ferrets/