From:
Tara Menne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jan 1999 09:39:41 -0700
So many topics, so little space...

1. GOOD MEWS litter - same as Yesterdays News - works great for me!
2. FEBREEZE - I've had no reactions from my 2 fuzzies or the cat - none of
   us have allergies or sensative skin tho.
3. AFFECTIONS - HA!  I'm "training" (seems more like straight up bribery
   to me) Zoey to like hanging out on me - take her on my shoulder into the
   forbidden zones, treats on my lap, the like.  I've achieved making her
   stay still for about 0.5 seconds longer!  My older lady Sam will let me
   love on her for up to 5 whole minutes occasionally, but mostly she just
   walks off once the treats are gone.  I'm glad they show there love in
   other ways!  (like digging up the plants, cold noses at night...)
4. CHECKS - the Ferret Calander pictures are done by Styles Checks.  I got
   a catalog from the website, and ordered my checks, and they arrived
   about 3 weeks later.  My only advice is to order more than you think you
   need since you'll write more checks than you used to!
5. WYOMING - maybe try your local Humane Society (s) - if you don't find
   anyone/any ferret, and would like to try this, let me know , I'll give
   you the number for the Fort Collins, Co.  rescue person.  There will be
   an adoption fee in Fort Collins for sure, I think around $60.

6.  TAIL HAIR LOSS (BLACKHEAD/NON-ADRENAL) - I heard somewhere on the net
(or maybe a post here???) to use Avon's Skin So Soft - dip tail in diluted
SSS once a day for about a month.  Now, I haven't tried this, but as I am
also facing a bald tip of tail, and don't like to stress the lady with
mini-baths (it's the same as mini-torture for her), I'm going to give it a
shot.  The person who wrote about it swore by it even though they knew it
sounded bizarre.  (Just remember, you can't believe everything you read.
I'll post to let y'all know how it works for me)

QUESTION
Sam's got mast cell growths which are coming off next Tues.  What have your
experiences been with reoccurance?  Don't want my lady to have to have to
keep getting zapped for the rest of her life!
As a side note, her lymphoma seems to be remaining in remission, and altho
we've increased her prednisone dosage to a full 1 mg a day, she's still
rockin' on! 6 months after diagnosis!!!!  YEA!!!

Thanks for all your help, and give the fuzzies a floor slide for me ;>
Tara
Boulder, CO
Tara Marie Menne