From:
strobachyzoo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Jan 2003 12:21:43 -0600
Christine

I'm sorry that you've had such a bad history, but I'm glad to hear that
you have realized the roots of your issues and are learning to deal with
them.  If rescue is a part of your therapy then it truly is a symbiotic
relationship.

Most of the ferrets here are quite settled in and they wouldn't benefit
from the upheval/stress of a move.

Abused ferrets:
I beg to differ with you on the correct treatment for abused and
traumatized ferrets.  Time and time again I've seen when an abused ferret
comes in it seems that they learn by observing how we interact with the
other ferts.  They watch intently when we get nipped by another fert
during playtime and they watch for our reaction.  Later they will try it
themselves as a test to see what we do, usually several times LOL.  When
they don't get the reaction they expect they are puzzled at first, but
they do learn that not all humans are bad...

Being a one and only:
Most Ferrets would rather not be a one and only.  I'm not saying you have
to get 5, or 10 ferrets to keep them happy, but most do like to be part
of a business.  I would suggest keeping 2 or 3 together as a minimum IMO.

Martyrs:
Why do people become Doctors, Why do people become Nurses, Why do people
become Teachers, Firemen, Police officers, Members of the clergy, Etc...
Because each is just trying to help in their own special way.

Overwhelmed:
Not yet, but we are being careful.  That was addressed in FML issue #4034
reply To Katharine.

No adoption:
I'll refer you to FML issue #4029 Update On Four Ferrets In Illinois .
These four were not the first, nor will they be the last.

WHY are you rehashing these issues?

Zookeeper (Kurt)
Zoo`s Ferret Sanctuary NFP

website:  www.zoosferretsanctuary.com=20