From:
Todd Leuthold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Aug 1999 16:56:28 -0400
Misti-Ferret has died in her sleep on Thursday night.

The vet performed an autopsy on her today (Friday) and was unable to
provide a cause of death.  She had been improving quite a bit; eating when
she was fed (though she hadn't yet started eating or drinking on her own),
scooting around her cage and poking her head out of her blankets to see
what was going on.  I visited with her every day since I took her in last
Friday (except Sunday, when they were closed) and saw marked improvements
on a daily basis.  Other than a bit of fluid in her nasal passages (her
lungs were in good condition when checked in the autopsy), I saw nothing
bad.

I have called Dr. Weiss and am awaiting a return call to schedule Rusti
(the other ferret in my group with signs of an adrenal tumor).  I don't
think I can afford (emotionally) to lose another baby to the ravages of a
perfectly treatable problem.  She hasn't shown any illness, so maybe I will
be able to save her.

Please think some kind thoughts for Misti-Ferret, as she slides over the
bridge to play with everyone else already there...including Silver Dude.
Hopefully, someone will look up in the sky tonight and be able to spot the
new star where she sits...making everyone else tow the line.  She is, after
all, the toughest little girl in the world.  She will be a permanent member
of the Fuzzbutt Rodeo Clowns.  I will miss you very much, Misti-Ferret.

:(

Todd and the Fuzzbutt Rodeo Clowns.

---
"users.success.net/toddl/"