From:
Tryntje Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Apr 1997 15:00:06 -0500
Hello again.

Just a small query regarding Nikki, the little female that is balding.  She
has a friend, Benji, an albino male that is almost twice the size that she
is.  When they play together, they gradually get rougher and rougher and
Nikki starts to cry and squeek.  She usually doesn't get hurt and gradually
she tries to run away if she has had enough.  What happens is, she bugs
Benji until he starts to retaliate and it is him that gets rough.  If he
tries to run away, Nikki chases him until he has had enough and then he
retaliates and doesn't know when to quit.  What worries me now is that Nikki
has some bald spots and when they play/fight, she doesn't have the
protection that she used to have and sometimes he scratches her and breaks
skin.  How on earth do I make Nikki stop bugging Benji/Benji playing so hard
in retaliation.  I hate to separate them.  They get along so well (believe
it or not) and they are all they have.  They are always together and always
sleep together - they are buddies.  Nikki will get along with none of the
other ferrets - Benji is all she has (besides me and I can't be with her all
of the time).  Any ideas?

Thanks again gang.
Tryntje, Cam, Tawny and the 9 fuzzy kids