From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 13:48:43 -0400
We didn't go to a movie (a relaxation that we figured we might actually
try today after her improvements yesterday if Chiclet didn't worsen
again) but not because of Chiclet taking a turn for the worse after her
improvement, but because of the weather and some minor storm damage.

You will be glad to know that her node is a down a lot compared to the
beginning when it was so huge that her leg was stuck in one position.
The rate at which is decreasing seems to be accelerating.  It is down by
more than half a centimeter in one measurement since last night.

It gets even better.  This is the time of day when she consistently would
be fevering at over 105 (as high as 105.6) but today she is only 104.2.

And there is more.  Last night she even ate some kibble instead of just
hand-fed soup.  We got excited that Hilbert who was watching went to
their bowl of food outside the cage and carried a piece of kibble to the
barrier between the master bathroom where Chiclet is and our bedroom and
offer it up at the barrier -- a food gift.

Oh, and there is more: today she mildly protested getting her temperature
taken by opening her mouth and putting her teeth on my arm (without
biting) so she seems to also be getting her spirit back some.

Her test results remain confusing and we are waiting for results on
her splenic biopsy but I think she has turned the corner.

Regine got to meet her in the hospital last evening and unlike the
yesterday morning she was bright-eyed though she still didn't have
enough energy to avoid urinating on Steve.

I was entering her test results for the FHL and some individuals last
night while on battery back-up  (because to lightning) and it got
glitchy and I lost it all so I have to start those again after I get
some other things done.   I knew better than to trust the battery for
that but I was determined to try to finish the transcription.
(Foolish on my part)

This is the 6 month old who was running dangerously high fevers and who
had a node that had been so huge that her leg was stuck in one position.