From:
"Michael F. Janke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Jan 1997 20:11:49 -0500
I've been wanting to comment on this for some time, but never seemed to get
around to it.  It hasn't been an active topic for awhile so I'll renew it. :)

There are some out there that advocate purposely exposing young, otherwise
healthy, ferrets to ECE to get it over and done with.  The thought there is
that it's better to have them get it while they're strong and won't be
affected too much.

I'd just like you all to know that from our experience in the Miami shelter,
having ECE once has not made our ferrets immune to this nasty disease.  We
have a number of ferrets right now that are on their second go-around with
ECE almost a year after having it the first time.  And for some, the second
time is even worse than the first.

  Mike

* Michael F. Janke - [log in to unmask]
* Member, South Florida Ferret Club & Rescue
* Shelter Home Page - http://www.bridge.net/~mjanke
*
* Opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily
* those of the South Florida Ferret Club & Rescue