From:
Angela Porter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Sep 1996 14:14:00 MDT
A cheap and easy way to get stains and smells out of carpets.  Spinkle a
little baking soda (gets rid of the smell) over the stain and then spray
with window cleaner (like Windex.) I usually press in into the stain with a
rag, then vaccuum it up.  I have yet to meet a stain that this didn't take
care of.  For fresh stains like Kool-aid you don't have to use the baking
soda just spray window cleaner and wipe it up.  I got this tip from my uncle
who owns a carpet cleaning business.  Hope this helps everybody.  It's
better than paying money for something that may not work.  I've tried
Resolve and I got better results with the window cleaner.

Angela