From:
"Mary L. McCarty" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 17:06:13 -0500
>With all the rumors circulating about the repercussions participants will
>suffer if they go to the February WarmFuzzy show, would someone from AFA

I would also like to know where these rumors are coming from as I have only
heard about them via the FML and never in an actual conversation.  I am
involved with AFA judging, the shelter community, the ADV list, etc., I
have yet to hear anyone even mention these "rumors" except here (when Dale
Nupp posted in FML# 2000-2915 that he was told LIFE and AFA were doing
this).  Dale - who told you that story?

LIFE (Anne Ryan, post from FML#2000-2916 ) has already denied that they
have forbidden their judges from judging at Warmfuzzy.  They are leaving
it up to each individual judge on whether they want to judge or not.

As an AFA judge-in-training, who has judged at various non-sanctioned
specialty shows (including the first WarmFuzzy show) I have not heard one
word from the AFA threatening me in anyway if I would judge at this show.
Neither have any other judges or judges-in-training that I know.

If Warmfuzzy is having trouble getting judges, I highly doubt it is from
the two sanctioning organizations threatening people.  February is just a
bad month to have shows.  When Three Rivers had their March 13, 1999 show
in Pittsburgh, weather was the main concern given from many of the judges
that were contacted (there was a blizzard that day after, so it's a valid
concern).

Am I judging at this show?  No.  Why?  I have work-related business that
prevents me from even attending, the AFA has nothing to do with it.

As for people that are showing at Warmfuzzy being banned, I have not heard
one peep out of anyone regarding this.  I attend just about every show on
the east coast so I was bound to have been contacted by someone at some
point.

Obviously, I think these rumors have very little foundation in truth.

Mary McCarty-Houser, Director
Pennsylvania Ferret Rescue Association of Centre County
http://www.ferretrescue.com