Date:
Sat, 27 Dec 2008 12:41:56 -0600
This year the fuzzies special gift was the lady bug with dangling toys.
They have so many large things I needed them to have something small
that wasn't in my way. :-) Anyway, as usual, Beezel got very upset that
something new was in our home. He ranted and raved and bullied and
attacked for 2 days, then he finally investigated the lady bug. He
tried pulling the puff balls off the antennas, he tried tearing off the
toys that are velcroed to the tubing, he tried pulling the entire lady
bug under cages (which it won't go because of the tubing that holds the
toys) and finally he relented that it was o.k. for it to stay in our
home.

Others tried pulling the toys off, someone tried to pull it downstairs,
managed to get it out of the living room, down the hallway and part way
downstairs before it got wedged sideways and wouldn't go any further.
It is safely back in the living room now.

The box it came in is still in the living room with their crochetted
rattle toys and mini tennis balls, along with air pillows and packing
paper - which seems to get more use than the lady bug!

The fuzzies enjoyed numerous treats, N-bones and yogies, and will for
a time to come, and their favorite 8 in 1 soft and moist kibble. They
slurped up lots of yummy recipe, some with heavy whipping cream and
some with extra turkey baby food, and Dante and Bandit ate their large
servings of unmixed turkey baby food then they snuggled down for naps
in their warm soft blankets.

Beezel is doing better with his aggression issues. He got in a fight
with Onyx and when I reached down to grab who I thought was Onyx I
grabbed Beezel instead. Beezel latched onto my finger and quickly bit
through the nail and held on as he tried to back up into the tube. I
gently coaxed him forward and softly asked him to let go. It took a few
seconds but he did let go, which is a huge stride from what he would
have done to my finger not long ago.

tle
www.ferretfamilyservices.org
Kansas