From:
Sue Pyron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Jul 2011 17:49:17 -0400
   The Little Flying Ferret

Little baby ferret sitting on the stair,
watching all his siblings flying thru the air.
I bet if I try really hard, I bet I can do that,
and so he tried, and off he went, then landed with a splat!

Up he went, back to the stair where everyone had jumped,,
readying his body, and rubbing all he'd bumped.
Wiggling his tiny tail, and bouncing on his feet,
off he jumped, again to fall, it wasn't very neat!

He didn't understand why they could fly and he could not,
he sat upon the stair from where they flew and then he thought.
Maybe if I wiggle more, and bounce my feet like them,
then I can fly, I'll "catch some air" and then it came to him!

I'll just keep saying Yes I can", I'll know it in my mind,
I'll tell myself that no more times I'll land on my behind!
Soon he flew!  He didn't quit, he just kept on and on.,
That was all it took he said, I knew it all along!

S.Pyron
7-28-11