Date:
Wed, 10 Dec 2008 16:19:14 -0500
Zoo,

Thank you ever so much for your obviously well throught out post. We
all support one another here during times of loss, and many give us
some valuable advice on teh subject. But I've never come across the
sort of thoughts you shared before.

I took everything to heart. It's now in "the vault", or as Peg
Francisco calls it "the tool box". I have more tools to put out during
rough times when things get ... broke.

The thing that you said that really took me back though was,
>1. I realize that these ferrets are not "mine"--- They are "His"

People don't understand how I can deal with wildlife when much of it
shows up at my door dying anyway. How do I deal with doing what I'm
doing just to watch it die anyway? How do I not get attached to those
who live and must eventually go to "school" to be released later? It's
easy for me. It's easy because I keep telling myself they are not
"mine". Why have I never thought of applying a like principal in my
own home? Sure, I can't tell myself that my house is not the animals
home and the big outside is their cozy home. But, I can still tell
myself that these are beings. Their own individuals/souls. They are my
"friends", even family, but they aren't my property or an extension of
myself. So true.

Thank you again Cathy, you are so appreciated by so many. And once
again ... you've taught me so much ...