From:
Nancy Propper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 May 2003 21:30:28 -0700
We have started a new group in the hopes of networking the many ferret
shelters in the US and Canada.  After seeing too many shelters shut down
due to lack of support, I think this group would be beneficial.  We hope
to accomplish many goals with this group.

-education of the public about ferrets and their care; health; importance
 of ADV testing, vaccinations, etc.

-education, guidance, and support of the various humane societies and
 public shelters that also take in ferrets, even if only on a limited
 basis.

-and most importantly, the guidance, support and education of the ferret
 shelter operators, from the very experienced to those just getting
 started.

There will be many topics covered aside from these.  The group is
restricted to shelter operators/staff ONLY.  We would encourage *all*
shelter operators to join.  The more shelters that join, the stronger
our network will be.  We feel this group will be a very important and
valueable asset to the ferret and rescue community.(you do not need to
be a member of FAA to join)

To join, please click the following link: