From:
"Ferret Aid Society...(via <[log in to unmask]>)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 May 1998 16:05:08 -0700
Hello everyone. We are being swamped with ferrets coming and nearly no
adoptions. There is a ferret in King City (not sure where that is), but if
there is anyone in that area, could you help us out with fostering him? I
also may have 2 females coming in which Judith was so kind in offering to
foster.

On Sunday, Paige, Rob & Kate went out to a Branford shelter & got 4 ferrets
which were transported to the Ottawa shelter. While they were in Branford,
the shelter operator handed over a list of breeders in the southern Ontario
reagon who sell their ferrets for $1. From what I have herd, these breeders
make the London rescue look like a resort Hilton. Anyone who wishes to help
out with further rescues, please let me know.

Lastly, Harley is not doing so well. I need some advice on fundraising to
help him out. He needs further tests and may need to be treated by a
veterinarian in Chicago. From speaking with Dr. Williams today, it doesn't
look good the way we're going. Prognisis is still poor even if we can get
him to Chicago.

However, anyone who has met Harley knows he's a fighter and he's not ready
to give up. Please if you have any ideas on how to fund raise QUICKLY, let
us know. I'm willing to do anything it takes to help Harley, but can't do
it on my own.

Randy
The Ferret Aid Society
http://home.echo-on.net/~magick