From:
Stephanie Bass <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 2004 12:00:02 -0500
Hello Everyone,

I have not listed anything in at least two years, however I have been
listed and reading when I have the time.  This is a mild cry for help...

Basically, my girl (5 years this December) Penelope used to get this
thing on her back.  The best way that I could describe it is a scab that
would flare up on occasion, in other words, once every two - three months
in the same exact spot on her back she would get a bloody scab with a
defined, perfectly circular circle around it.  I would treat it the best
way I knew how and it would go away, ring and all.  Most of you are
thinking- RING WORM RING WORM, but it was just in that spot and it
would go away (I inspected her extremely thoroughly).

Now, it comes a lot less frequently, but on her neck something slightly
different is happening.  It is still a bloody scab, however, there is a
bump that goes along with it and it looks like a blood blister almost, it
feels very hard, and absolutely no ring has appearred.  The first time it
happened I assumed extreme rough housing with her playmate, Abe tends to
get carried away sometimes.  And it healed and completely went away, and
you could see all of her hair grow back in.  I went away for the weekend
and left my babies to be tended by my roommate and when I returned, a
huge bloody scab in the SAME EXACT spot.

Now, I am sure all of you are thinking VET VET VET... I can afford to
take care of my babies, and trust me when I say that they are, but I had
lost my job and was unemployed for two months and I cannot afford to take
her to the vet.  I would of course take her if I noticed the slightest
change in her behavior, but she has acted completely normal, like a kid
with a skinned knee that carries on.

What I have done is clean up the area with hydrogen peroxide, removed
dried up blood, and put the smallest amounts of antibiotic on her (she
can't lick it at all, its right below her ear area).

Can anyone give me advice?  What it is?  What I can do?  ANY information
is HELPFUL information!

I would prefer direct e-mails to: [log in to unmask]

Thank any and all of you for your help,

Stephanie, Penelope and Abe