From:
Linda Doran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Dec 1995 09:30:01 -0700
When I first brought my little Angel home (one of my rescue ferrets), she
would scream pitifully whenever one of the other ferrets got near her.  The
first few times this happened they were truly fighting, and I would pick her
up and rescue her, but before long, I realized that she also squealed when
they hadn't touched her.  Sort of like insurance, you know.  Gradually, she
stopped doing it, and now she's as quiet as the rest of them.

During a recent holiday dinner, I introduced my ferrets to some friends.  I
explained that two of my babies are from pet stores and two are "rescue
ferrets." One guy then asked, "What does that mean?  If you go out rock
climbing and you have an accident, does your ferret come out with ropes
and harnesses and save you?"

                        Linda, Esperanza, Frankie Doodle Frankenferret,
                        Lucky Charminator, and Angel Baby