From:
dan christen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Jun 2002 08:03:17 -0700
Happy Fathers Day, to all you Furry Fathers out there.

Does anyone have a ferret who likes pizza crust?  This is only the 2nd
time, but our Odin, last night (after the pizza was delivered) was trying
so hard to climb on my lap.  ( I wasn't thinking) but he was determined,
and would go on another chair, and look @ the table top.  Well, i finally
realized, what he was so insistent on, HE WANTED HIS SHARE OF PIZZA CRUST!
He LOVES it.  It is not a mainstay in his diet, but i w/not deny him his
treat.  He is a chubby blaze, and loves to roll on his back, for belly
rubs.  He would take his piece of crust, run off to eat it and be back
for more, the pizza finally got put away, and he was still coming back.

Poppy, who has attached herself to my husband, (who w/never father his own
natural children) but is the stepfather to our daughter, 23 y/o, has given
her "daddy" his present already.  A charm for his chain #1DAD, from her
and all the others.  What did your ferrets give their daddy for fathers
day?  Along with a lot of fuzzy kisses, romps and rolls.  HAPPY FATHERS
DAY TO YOU ALL...hope it is a fun filled one, and thank you, for being
so loving to these little ones.

YEAH, for Joanne Ruffner, and the Buck A Month Club, where there is a
need, there is always a solution.

My condolences to all who have lost a furry child recently and past.
My heart goes out to those who are still looking for their missing fur
children, not a day goes by that i don't think of Dawna Kraus, who is
still looking for Slippery, Troy Lynn, who has long been with out her
boy.  I give thanks everyday, for Eppy's return.  I am strong in some
ways, and weak in others, and my heart would have been forever broken, if
he had not been returned to me.  Acceptance would have come, but... the
wound would have remain forever open.  I cannot ever be thankful enough to
all of you who kept him in your thoughts and prayers while he was missing.
Please just offer up some thanks each day for what you have, and thoughts
and prayers for those who still have lost ones.  Their hearts are still
burdened with these losses, it is just a wound that never closes, you just
live with it day to day.  Sandee, i have to thank you, for keeping the
Rainbow Bridge alive and well, for all of us, it is what kept me, hanging
in there, the proverbial knot in the rope.  I knew that if i would never
find Eppy in this lifetime, i would see him again, at the Rainbow Bridge,
you have given so many of us, so much faith, and hope, and something to
look forward to, of being reunited with all of our loved ones.  Please
tell Odysseus i miss him so, and Athena, i never stop thinking of her,
Diana, i am so sorry that her time with us was so short, Angel, we wish
we could have found her sooner, and our Felicia, if i only knew that her
surgery would not have prolonged her time with us but shorten it.  I love
and miss them all terribly.  I see their prescious faces in my minds eye
when ever a thought of them crosses my mind, which is constant.

"Princess" Poppy, is curled up in her favorite place, right next to her
daddy... in bed.  There is a fleece blankie between the pillows always
reserved for one who wants to sleep there.

I am taking a vacation soon, and Jalepeno's adrenal surgery w/be scheduled
that week, also keep my Clover in your prayers.  She is quiet, and i am
not sure what is going on with her, but she is going to see Dr. Weidman,
as well as our Sadie.  Bandit is slowly recovering from all the surgeries
he has had, but ... he looks so fragile, and he tears my heart out, as he
is one of the original 3.  Jalapeno also.  Of the first 3 , Zeus is the
only one who has not taken ill with something or other.

Well, i have a gift of gab, so i w/close here, lest i bounce again.  My
prayers, thoughts, are always with everyone.

Respectfully
Donna & all her furry children