From:
April Vannatta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2007 16:44:52 -0400
Well, we went to Detroit for EKGs and heart ultrasounds for both
ferrets.

The good news for both of them is that the vet found no sign of
heartworm.

The bad news for Scooter is that what we thought was an enlarged
heart is actually a tumor on his lungs. It is very close to his heart,
which is why it appeared to be his heart on x-ray. We had suspected
lymphosarcoma for him because of the "flying saucer" in his
tummy...looks like this confirms it. :(

The bad news for Benny (better than that for Scooter) is that he has
cardiomyopathy. Not dilated cardiomyopathy, the other kind/one of the
other kinds - not sure how many varieties there are. My vet wants to
talk to the vet who did the heart workups before we start him on new
meds.