From:
Brian & Lisa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2007 15:52:45 -0500
Hi Folks,

I have loved ferrets for 17 years now. This is my first experience
with insulonoma. From what I have read I guess that's rare. My Panda,
a silver female of 7 1/2 years was diagnosed by myself and my vet.
Fasting blood glucose was 39! I believe we're at the begining stages.
Was put on Prednisone, 1 ml a day. She has been on pred for 7
weeks.There is very little change. She is still unstabel, wabbly when
walking. She doesn't want duck soup anymore. Although she eats on her
own pretty well but is so thin. I gave her a bath the other day and
cried. She is all bones and fur. I was under impression the pred would
help with weight gain. Is that correct? What kind of other improvements
should I see? I haven't seen a seizure yet, or much staring into space.
If anyone has experienced this disease I would appreciate any info. I
have checked Ferret Central, but doesn't talk much about what
improvements you should see or about stages of the disease.

Thanks ,
Lisa with Panda, Pado and Powder