From:
"Cecere, Suzy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 May 1998 09:39:38 -0700
Hi,  Melinda posted the URL for The Ferret Store Ferret Food Chart.

For those of you that cruised over to have a look I was wondering if
anyone is feeding the Innova Feline.

Even though I also have 4 cats I had never heard of Innova, did a search
and came up with this URL for them:

        http://web.as.net/~adandawg/innova.html

They have a complete listing of all the ingredients in the Feline Food:

1.  Turkey
2.  Chicken Meal
3.  Chicken
4.  Whole Steamed Potatoes
5.  Whole Eggs
6.  Ground Barley
7.  Chicken Fat
8.  Ground Rice
9.  Herring Meal
10. Sunflower Oil
11. Whole Raw Apples
12. Whole Steamed Carrots
13. Whole Pasteurized Milk
14. Fish Oil
15. Whole Clove Garlic
16. Alfalfa Sprouts
17. dl-Methionine
    dl-Methionine is a natural amino acid which serves as a urinary
    urinary acidifier.  Natura adds this ingredient to cat foods to create
    acid urine, preventing the formation of struvite crystals which lead
    to urinary tract obstruction.
18. Taurine
19. Vitamins/Mineral
    Vitamins/Minerals include Vitamin C (calcium ascorbate), Vitamin E
    (alpha tocopherol), Vitamin A (retinol), Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol),
    Niacin, Calcium Pantothenate, Manganous Oxide, Vitamin B1 (thiamine
    mononitrate), Vitamin B2 (riboflavin), Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin),
    Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine hydrochloride), Vitamin K (menadione sodium
    bisulfite), Folic Acid, Cobalt Carbonate, Sodium Selenite, and Biotin.
    Natura adds these important vitamins and minerals to its foods to
    ensure that your pet gets all the necessary nutrients for life and good
    health every day.
20. Probiotics
    Probiotics include Streptococcus Faecium, Lactobacillus Acidophilus,
    Lactobacillus Casei, and Lactobacillus Plantarum.  These important
    Probiotics are added to Innova formulations to help prevent disease and
    sickness.  They are especially critical for dogs and cats that are
    under stress from shipping, showing, surgery, and kennel stays.

Of course percentages are not listed.  When things slow down around here at
work I will try giving them a call and see if they are willing to supply
additional information regarding this food to us.

The list of ingredients certainly sound good, the only thing that puts a
question in my mind is the inclusion of Milk.

I would love to hear what Bob has to say regarding this list of ingredients.

Suzy Cecere
Systems Engineer
Physio-Control Corporation