From:
Regina Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 May 1997 10:38:46 -0400
Well, as I've mentioned before, I've been working hard with Amelia on her
litter training, giving her treats for every correct use of the box.  She's
figured out that she can't just fake it to get a treat.  BUT the little
monster has been tricking me-- when I'm sitting at my computer, she'll go to
a litterbox that's out of my line of sight, put her front paws in it to push
around the litter a little, poop next to it, then come to me all expectant
(you know, that incredibly cute little demanding look) for her treat, since
after all I did hear her "use" the litterbox.  She got me a few times with
this one before I caught on!

It looks like I'll be living with Mom and Dad for the first month or so
after I move to Mass, so the litter training has become even more
important-- I'll be in a room with wall to wall carpeting, horrors.  As long
as I keep the boxes clean, though, they're pretty good.  Any of you
Massachusetts people know of a good vet in fairly short driving range of
Arlington (ie Cambridge, SOmerville, COncord, Medford, etc)?  TIA!

Regina
and Cully and Amelia too (all big-eyed and bushy-tailed as the packing
boxes come out...)

Regina Harrison
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Lofts/1083
"If that's all there is, my friends, then let's keep dancing..."  Peggie Lee