From:
Nancy Herring <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Sep 2005 09:14:35 -0500
I was very upset with Anon's angry comments about who wins at ferret
shows.

For years, my daughters and I have gone to the Wichita Sunflower Cluster
Dog Show.  We have 3 full blooded collies--have their AKC papers too,
but they were breed as companions and not as show dogs.  There is no
comparison between the two--either in conformation or in price to
purchase.  We love our collies and they love us, but they would never
place if we entered them in the dog show.  It's the same way with the
cat show in Wichita each year.  That is why they now have a companion
class--so my neighbor can enter her barn cat and maybe go home with a
ribbon.  Your ferrets are your ferrets and, in your eyes, are the best;
but they won't get far in a show going against especially bred ferrets.
That's nothing to get mad about though.  It is just the way life is.  If
you want ferret ribbons, you better start breeding or paying some big
bucks; but don't get angry and use your french on the FML.

Nancy