From:
jlindquist <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Mar 2001 14:02:21 -0500
ok..I waited a day or so to see if I would calm down over this one but I
didn't, so here it goes:

Kris, dump the boyfriend and keep the ferret.  Do you know that this
innocent little ferret is going to grieve for you when you give him up?
That this little ferret, who has done nothing but love you, is going to
be heartbroken?  Can you comprehend what this little baby is going to go
thru because of a selfish man?

When my husband met me, he took on me, a 13 year old daughter, 2 ferrets
and a cat.  He took all of us because he loves me...bottom line.  Hubbie
is not a ferret lover.  He is a ferret tolerator...all because he loves me.
When my Buddy died a few years ago, hubbie took care of burying Buddy....
all because he loves me.  When my Chomper died a last week, he took care
of burying Chomper and told me I can have another ferret when I feel I
am ready...all because he loves me.  He allowed me to move Nipper(the
remaining ferret) and the cage to our bedroom so she wouldn't be lonely
without Chomper...all because he loves me.  He also says that he doesn't
want Nipper to be lonely.  All of this from a man who doesn't care too
much for ferrets.  All of this because he loves me and knows how special
my ferrets are to me.  He is the one that said Nipper would be our last
ferret.  Now he talks to his friends about adopting from a shelter versus
buying one from a pet store.  Hmmmm..possible ferret convert here???..lol.

The bottom line is this..if someone loves you, they will understand that
Fizz is part of your life and if they want to be part of your life, then
they understand that you and Fizz are a package deal..no if ands or buts.
What will he ask you to give up next?..friends?..family??  You really need
to think about this whole thing..not just for Fizz's sake but yours too.
You may find being married to this man is not at all what you envision
married life to be like.

ok..will step off my soapbox.  Good luck Kris..I think you are gonna need
it.

in peace and love,
Pat L.