From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Aug 2000 14:39:24 -0500
sigh.  Last night after I did dishes I went downstairs to feed and clean
up for the fuzzies that like to stay in the basement and the floor was
flooded.  The pipes backed up yet again.  I just had the plumbers out a
month ago.  They obviously didn't get the job done correctly.  They won't
come out to fix what they didn't do right in the first place.  Of course
they already cashed my check.  sigh.  Roto Rooter is scheduled for tomorrow
afternoon.  Hopefully they can fix it.  If not it will be major plumbing
repairs.

Fortunately the flooding hadn't reached the ferret area so I quickly shop
vac'd the water up.  Yuck.  The smell didn't seem to bother them but it
does me.  The back up was from the pipe flowing out to the sewer.

The little ones drink well water from Nancy's so no worry there.

Nancy offered to let me take a shower at her house before coming to work
so I did.  Felt a bit better.

Couldn't sleep last night so started clipping nails, cleaning and
Ivermectining ears.  Got almost half of them done before I was too tired.
Maybe tonight I'll get the rest, after I get all the storage stuff moved
in the basement so the Roto Rooter technician can do his thing.

Surprising how many little ones wander around in the middle of the night.

At least I do have water, I just can't let it go down the drains.  sigh.

Nancy, Lynda, Sam and I helped someone look for their lost ferret a week
ago.  They found him 2 days later, dead.  sigh.  He was only 14 months old.

Last week our vet helped Bandit leave this world.

Ferris is still showing adrenal problems a month after his surgery.

Coco is nearing her time.  She's almost 9 yrs old and very frail.

Sunny the dog is almost 15 and not doing well.  He's getting a bit grumpy
with the ferrets.  He yipped at Casper the other night and it startled
Casper so that he tripped over himself in trying to get away.  Had a good
laugh - the look on Caspers face was priceless.

There's much more too.  It's a difficult time right now...

Please remember to make time for your little ones and to be kind to others
as well.

Hugs to all. tle
Troy Lynn Eckart
Ferret Family Services