From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Feb 1998 18:47:35 PACIFIC
Howdy, my name is Stephanie and I am owned by 4 of the best and dearest
little thieves around.  I got my 1st fuzzy about a year ago, Spanky, 2
months.  4 days later, I rescued 2 little MF Sable Females.  Claudia, 6
years & Little Ferret (now Scarlet), 5 years.  Claudia was so little and
"SPACIE." I took her to a Vet who is very good with ferrets.  Claudia turned
out has INSULINOMA, was "NOT" a subject for surgery, and weighed under .8
lb.  She could and was treated with liquid Pred.  See what happens, but
liquid pred would increase her quality of life.  To add to my situation,
they were use to cheap cat food and Claudia refused to eat any or much of
any DRY Ferret food.  Well, she started getting better and after 6 months,
Claudia started to PLAY.  To make it short, She had and has good days and
bad days.

I'm learning what works, well a situation showed up in Oct 97 and again a
week ago.  Claudia started acting very weak, Oct 97 and I would 3 marks on
her belly, one looked like a scratch, 1 looked like a small black n blue
mark and one look like a round 1" dia.  puss pocket, but very hard, about
1/8" thick.  I cleaned the area with hydroproxide and put on antibiotic &
vit.  e oil on them.  I took her to the vet and she felt it was a abrasion
and I was doing right (they were looking better the next day, except the
black n blue one became a scab like).  Less than 5 days, they were gone and
she was acting like nothing was wrong.  No hair grew back in those spots.
Well, last week, she started acting sluggy and very weak.  I have had to
hand feed (hold her & a plate) her liquidfied (mushy) Totally Ferret, Kitten
Replacement Milk & Homemade Pedilite 2 - 3 times a day when I work and 3 - 4
times a day on the weekends.  I checked her out and noticed again these 3
different signs on her belly, but 2 of each, except the scratch spot,
scratch was red.

Has anyone had anything that looks like this?  I haven't changed her food,
cage stuff, clothes detergent.  My vet is missing, so I'm gong to try
another Vet today, but has anyone out there know what is wrong with Claudia.
She is my little Angel.  I want to keep her around as long as possible.  She
did a SIMPLE WAR DANCE last week for the 1st time.  I want her to have many
more healthy dances with me before she leaves us for the Rainbow Bridge
Society.  I love all my kids very much, they are my joy, but when you have a
"Specially Challenged One" any and everything is Special or Major.

Sorry for Rattling on.  I'm Rattled.    Stephanie &
                   My Band of Thieves:
    Spanky, Claudia, Sam & Scarlet O'Ferret