From:
Michelle Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Aug 1996 16:31:35 -0400
>From:    Trinlay Khadro <[log in to unmask]>
>re: pill bugs/bug problems in general
>Since I remember that we are all really nervous (with good reason) about
>toxic bug stuff around our fuzzies I've been trying to remember "organic"
>bug stuff...

I have a question in reagards to this e-mail.  Is it bad for ferrets to play
with bugs?  (I guess I am showing my ignorance here.) My bedroom is in the
basement of my parents house, which is the only room Mischief is allowed
in), therefore I do get quite a few bugs.  I usually kill and remove them
whenever I see them, however, the last couple of times Mischief has seen
them first and has been trying to catch them.  I do get them from her when I
catch this happening, but from this e-mail I got them impression that bugs
could be really dangerous to ferrets and I don't want anything bad to happen
to my baby.

Couple other points I was told and read about ferrets when I got mine:
Use cat litter, not wood chips, etc,.  Wood chips, shavings, etc, are
harmful to ferrets.

I have also noticed that some of the subscribers to this FML do not bathe
their ferrets every week.  I was told and read that I needed to bathe her
once every week, but no more than that(more than once would make skin dry).

I also want to thank everyone who replied to my earlier questions about
Mischief.  It has been awhile and I have been busy.  I am trying to get back
to each one of you personally, but I wanted to go ahead and thank everyone
until I had the chance.  Thanks, Michelle and Mischief

Michelle Anderson
Business & Contracts Secretary
331 Burruss Hall
Virginia Tech