From:
Domenic Michaux <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Oct 2000 14:18:21 -0700
Hello all

We obtained a 3-4(?)yr old girl as a rescue from an owner who didnt pay
attention to her.  She never obtained any vacs or health maintenance exams
by a vet and was probably fed a poor diet.  ( Amazing how these cases
always seem to be related to the sweetest, people loving ferrets.) Anyway,
after about 3 months of good health and a good diet(TF+Iams kitten, she
lost the use of her hind limbs literally overnight.  She gets around OK
but frequently loses control of her bowels and urine.  She has some
movement in her back limbs because when i scruff her she kicks them but she
cant support her weight on them.  X-rays showed no damage to her spine or
legs and we are baffled by what it could be.  She eats still and takes in
water and we also now supplement her with vitamins and a high calory paste.

Anyone ever hear of these symptoms and have a clue as to what they could
be?

Thanks so much

DJ and Brenda
Princess, Cinnamon, Baby, Bandit, Soco, Yukon, Tripps,
Midnight, Bear, Nikita, Coco, Endicot, Honey-Brown

Lady, Minnie(Waiting at the Bridge)

=====