From:
Regina Badriya Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 May 2006 14:40:59 -0400
Nikki wrote:
>NOW FOR MY PROBLEM: My 6 month old ferret, has lost her whiskers on one
>side.  They look like they have been cut off, but I know they haven't
>been.  Is this a normal thing.  She doen't seem to be having any balance
>problem, or anything like that.  She just looks funny with one side long
>and the other short.  Should I do something, or will they just grow back?

Do you have any other ferrets?  A former housemate of mine, years ago,
noticed that one of her ferrets had lost all the whiskers on one side
of her face.  She was perplexed until one day she heard a little
"snip-snip-snip" noise from the cage, and went over to find her other
ferret neatly trimming away the whiskers--just on that one side.  I can't
remember now whether my housemate put something on her ferret's face to
keep the other one from doing it, or whether the other ferret just quit
it on her own.  But it's something to look out for!

Regina

Regina Harrison  [log in to unmask]
http://users.rcn.com/badriya/

"Is that my business?  Well, what is my business?  Do I know?  Did I ever
know?  Let's not go into that.  You're not human tonight, Marlowe.  Maybe
I never was or ever will be... Maybe we all get like this in the cold
half-lit world where always the wrong thing happens and never the right."
--Raymond Chandler, The Little Sister