From:
Benita Ravnkilde <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Nov 1997 18:10:22 +0100
Hey there,
I've noticed that lately with the winter comming there has been written much
about ferrets behavior when it comes to plants.  This leads me to wonder if
american ferrets are different from european ferrets as everyone
complains/states that it is impossible to teach ferrets not to destroy the
plants.

I have 2; Booggie and Ziggy and both of them loved wasting my plants
totally!  Just like any other ferret.  BUT!  I just told them over and over
that it made me very angry and that we could not stay friends if they didn't
stop it.  After a short time all I had to do was clapping my hands and they
would get away from the plants instandly!  This continued for another short
time and after this- no plant destruction at all!

Today when I bye new plants ,they will have a sniff at them and that is all.
The friends I have that are ferrets owners too, did similar things and none
of them have problems regarding ferrets and plants.

Well enough for now. Guess I just wanted to say that it is possible to stop
the plant destructiers.

                               Bye;-)Benita

Booggie says;"Mom won't let me play in her plants but so what!
              Steeling socks is much more fun anyways!

Ziggy says;" Jep! That and knocking down books and stof from the shelves is
             great fun too!