From:
David Pasquino/Georgette Peters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Nov 1995 17:05:49 EST
Hi there everybody!

Well, I went out this weekend and bought an 6 1/2 foot artificial Christmas
tree.  I love the idea of a real tree and though people have said there's
no problems with the critters as long as you don't add preservative to the
water, the pine needles and sap being possibly chewed/licked makes me
nervous as well as cleaning up pine needles for the next three months just
doesn't seem like fun!  And this one has a ten-year guarantee - so I'm
prepared for Christmas for the next while.  I haven't had a tree since I
was about 18 (ahem!  Ten years that is!) Buster found the box to be quite
exciting - his butt puffing out to here - can't wait to se what happens
when I actually put the darn thing up!  I bought some beaded garland, some
brass ornaments and those satin balls - no glass on this tree (besides the
lights - which I'll be watching closely)!  I'm so excited!!!  I'm hoping to
have enough time to make a tree skirt out of old blue jeans (hold up to
ferret digging!) and to cross-stitch some ornaments too.

As for Sue asking about the ferret spheres - no, these ones weren't white -
they came in blue,red and yellow. Maybe I'll take Pam's suggestion of the
pretzel barrel - mmmmmmmm pretzels!

And about Kelly & Teri's Buster - Mr. Love Chunks - that's just hilarious!!
Though could be construed as very strange or gross. Does he leave you "love
chunks" in front of the door when you're out?? Or is he a tad on the pudgy
side and isn't big enough to have love handles??

Oh, one more thing about Christmas stuff - since no one's replied - is the
star garland for the Christmas tree safe? My tribe is only out when I'm home
so I don't *think* it'll be a problem - but as ferret owners we all know ...
NEVER ASSUME!!!!!

Happy bouncin'!

George and her tribe!
D. Pasquino/G. Peters