From:
"Regina J. Hart" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Sep 1996 13:08:44 -0400
>Shawna Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Ferret smell

Don't despair, Shawna.  How old is Hershey?  I believe that you said that
she is a fairly young kit.  Kits seem to be particularly odiferous.  As she
grows older, she will become less fragrant.  When the "boys" first arrived,
I was surprised how stinky they were (I loved them of course, but PeeUuu!)
Now that they are around 5 months old, the eau de ferret has subsided
considerably.

As many folks will probably suggest, do not "overbathe" her.  Bathing more
than once every two weeks or so will only increase her oil production and
consequently her smell.  Keep the bedding changed and washed regularly, and
keep scooping that litterbox.

Good luck,
Gina, Paleface, Gunnar, and Daniel
Formerly <[log in to unmask]>               Now <[log in to unmask]>