From:
Chere McCoy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Aug 1995 22:44:08 -0400
My name is Baby Lisa  I am a 4 year old Albino Ferret.  I live in the Ferret
Friends of Indian River County International Shelter. In 1992 I was living in
the Miami Ferret Club Shelter on Culter Ridge in Miami Florida.  My Shelter
was hit by Hurricane Andrew - at that time my shelter mom and dad were not
prepared and my shelter was destroyed (all us ferrets made it though).  It
was just awful.  Last week another Hurricane came along  -but shelter mom and
dad were prepared and they had a plan and we were evacuated (they even took
one of the double decker cages - but they forgot the RAISINS!!).  This time I
didn't get hit by any glass and I didn't get wet - and nothing bad happened
to me.

From a ferret point of view - it's extremely important for mom's and dad's to
have plans for all type of emergencies i.e. fires, earthquakes, floods,
hurricanes all disasters.  So please all you parents have a plan for us and
 - never ever leave us behind - always take us with you when you evacuate.

Thank you for listening to me

Baby Lisa