From:
Melissa Sutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Jan 1999 08:35:33 -0500
Hi, All!

I really need some advice this time - thank God it's not about a health
issue... unless HUMAN health counts here!  ha ha

Since having ECE and becoming very thin a couple of months ago, MoJo's
temperament has changed somewhat and she tends to nip, sometimes bite, more
quickly than before.  * * Well, I'm typing this in pain right now because
she just had a BITE FEST on my hands! * *   ALL 4 of the bites that she
squeezed in, before I could get her scruffed so she couldn't, have drawn
blood.  She was REALLY digging in with her teeth and was clearly NOT going
to stop!!

What initiated the attack was that she was digging away at the carpet by
one of the bedroom doors.  Usually they all dig at this door for a minute
or two and then I shoo them away.  I went to shoo her this time and she
ran, clearly knowing that she was not supposed to be there (or at least
that I was going to make her leave).  I went to pick her up and she just
absolutely ATTACKED me.

She left a serious gash on my nose last month, but I blamed myself for
putting my face too close to her while the vacuum cleaner was running - I
think that the noise it makes really irritates her.

Now, you all know must that - as do you - I love my babies as if they were
children, but if I had a child who attacked me I would fear for the safety
of my other children - as I do now.  Not so much the fur babies, but my
daughter.  Not 5 minutes before the "attack" she'd just told me that Mo
had bit her finger while she was tying her shoe.  I told her that Mo just
wanted the shoe (she's a shoe-holic!), and to be careful when Mo is near
her shoes.

NOW I wonder if Mo wasn't just getting a taste for blood!

Has anyone had any babies that TURNED INTO biters?  If so, what did you
do about it?

Flame me all you will, but I'm not going to tolerate this if it ever
endangers my child.  What I WILL do is anything in my power that might
help to figure out what has caused this change so that I might work to
alleviate the source of MoJo's (presumed) anxiety.

Thanks all for any advice you can offer ... Hugs to the fuzzies,

Melissa

also... Dexter, Cocoa, MoJo & RockStar... ALL of us missing Dodger  :-(